Huge, HUGE thank you to all of the people who came out to my campaign event last Thursday. It was a great night filled with awesome discussion, great food and an amazing visit by our very own State Senator Daylin Leach! I loved having the chance to see all of you, and am even more excited to keep hitting the campaign trail as November approaches!
Have a great week Radnor! Get out there and enjoy the summer weather!
Have comments or suggestions? Send me a note: email@example.com.
August 17 Campaign Event: Thank You!
Thank you for making my latest event such a success! Your constant support means the world to me, and I am excited to keep working to promote the needs of our community as we head into the last leg of the election season!
Thank you for all the donations so far!
Your financial contributions directly assist me and my team in promoting the wants and needs of 4th Ward residents. Thank you so much for the constant support!
For more information on making a monetary contribution, please click here.
Sign up to come canvassing with me in the 4th Ward!
Looking for something to do with your last few weeks of summer? There are only TWO weeks of summer canvassing left, so sign up below!
Keep an eye out for us in the 4th Ward! Our upcoming canvassing dates include:
August 24 : 5:00 – 7:00 pm
August 29 : 5:00 – 7:00 pm
August 31 : 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Interested in walking with us? (Fitbit steps guaranteed!) Sign up here!
Board of Commissioners Meeting: None!
There is no Board of Commissioners Meeting this week. For the upcoming Fall schedule of meetings, click here.
Want to get caught up on previous meetings? Click here for minutes and agendas.
Exciting Events: The Re-Opening of Clem Macrone Park and the First Annual South Wayne Porch Fest
In other (awesome) news, Radnor has some extremely exciting events coming up this fall!
- Clem Macrone Park is getting ready to re-open! Click here to read the full article!
- The first annual South Wayne Porch Fest is scheduled for September 9, 2017. Click here to read about this awesome community event!
News from the Township
Hot off the press (or computer)! The August edition of the Radnor Democrats monthly e-newsletter. Info about upcoming events and access to info about myself and all the Democratic candidates running for commissioner and school board. Read it, share it, stay informed. Click here.
Looking to stay up to date with township news? Here are some important reads from last week’s Main Line Suburban.
- Problematic class sizes reduced at RMS; retirees recruited to be substitute teachers
- Radnor to study work needed to revamp pedestrian bridge over Matsonford Road
Issue Spotlight: Voter Registration
Voter Registration: Why is it important?
With less than 100 days until the election, we have yet another challenge facing our community: voter registration.
As I wrote in this blog post, the right to vote is not only one of the most fundamental American rights, but it is arguably one of the most important civic duties assigned to you as an American citizen. Voting is the easiest way to make sure that your voice is heard, and that your leaders reflect the wants and needs of your community from the local level all the way up to our Congressmen (and women) and Senators in Washington D.C.
Above all – regardless of what you believe or who you want to be our leaders – you deserve the chance to play a role in deciding the future of our community.
What can you do?
- Registering to vote is much easier than you think! See below or check out my blog for a summary of this information!
- Encourage EVERYONE you know to register to vote. Remind them via social media, phone call, email, text message – whatever it takes – to take advantage of all of their basic rights as American citizens!
- RSVP to our Facebook Event and then share with your friends and family to show them that you are registered, and they should be too!
The Importance of Absentee Ballots
Are you a previous or current Radnor resident who will not be in Radnor for the election? No problem! The point of absentee ballot is to ensure that each Radnor Resident is able to participate in an election that will directly impact them in some way or another. Many individuals – especially students away at college – forget to request ballots and sacrifice their chance to participate in local politics! It is critical that we remind Radnor residents to fill out all of the appropriate paperwork before the set deadlines. See below for more details, and stay tuned for more information from my team as the deadline approaches!
Summary of Deadlines
In Pennsylvania, the voter registration deadlines are as follows:
The Voter Registration Deadline for the 2017 Elections is OCTOBER 10, 2017.
Absentee Ballot Applications are due OCTOBER 31, 2017. These ballots must be received by NOVEMBER 3, 2017.
Here are the links that you need:
- Voter Registration Application: https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/Pages/VoterRegistrationApplication.aspx
- Absentee Ballot Requests: https://www.vote.org/absentee-ballot/pennsylvania/
- Information about Voting in PA: http://www.votespa.com/en-us
For general information about voting in Radnor Township, click here.